Welcome!

This is a new experience for me - to have my own blog!
Hopefully it can reflect the purpose of books: words with meaning and a message.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Libraries

All of the information about library collections and resources etc. makes me reflect on my own experience in school libraries.  I don't think I went too far from the fiction section of my Primary School library after I discovered Laura Ingalls-Wilder.  I thought our library teacher was amazing.  Looking back I think she was  very hip in the '70's with the flowing clothes and long hair.  I loved the library cards. And when you reached year 5 you had access to 2 books at a time as well as being able to help the teacher out!  Tech school provided a wider range of reading material that introduced a whole new world including Judy Blume.  Non-fiction information was gathered from the World Books.  Computer searches were non-existent.


1 comment:

  1. I relate well to this past of the library. I can't believe how much has changed in such a short span of time. I am looking forward to reading your blog and sharing the journey.

    ReplyDelete